- Our chiropractors primarily use the Palmer Method of adjusting, which includes a hands-on Diversified and Gonstead form of adjusting, but we also perform the Activator method and other techniques, including soft tissues techniques, for a gentler touch. Every patient is different, and we will work with the technique that will provide the greatest benefit to each patient, individually.
- Newborns are adjusted using a very gentle Diversified technique with a light pressure similar to the pressure you would use to test the ripeness of a tomato.
- Senior-seniors are also adjusted using a very gentle Diversified or Activator adjustments.
- Pregnant patients are treated according to their needs, often being adjusted on a Special Pregnancy Chiropractic Adjusting Table on which they can lie flat on their tummy even at full term. NOTE: The doctors work closely with most of the Midwives of this area and Dr. Jacqueline frequently (at the patient’s request) assists at the birth of many of her pregnant patients as a “coach” &/or to be available to adjust immediately following the birth.
- Our doctors also telephone any referring or recent caring chiropractor to acquire their knowledge of the patient and the best care for his or her case.
- Along with the spinal adjustments, we utilize acupressure, trigger point release, and other soft tissue techniques, and when necessary ‘intermittent intersegmental traction/massage,’ cryotherapy/cold packs to reduce swelling and local muscle spasms, and we teach rehabilitation stretching & exercises to strengthen muscles and restore normal range of motion.
- Even a minor automobile accident can have major effects on your health. When one car collides with another, thousands of pounds of pressure are exerted on the neck and spine. Whiplash can occur at surprisingly slow speeds and is the result of the head and neck being thrown or "snapped" back and forth very quickly. Even small children, who can’t express their discomforts, can be affected by such accidents. It is not uncommon to have a lapse of time before the pain and discomforts begin. Through palpation, our chiropractors can locate the problems even before the symptoms are expressed. It is common for patients to say, "I didn't even know it was painful before you touched there." Sometimes pains come on within days of an accident, but other times it takes weeks, months or even years before the damage is noted. It is important that everyone who is involved in an accident have their spine checked by a chiropractor. Receiving chiropractic care after an accident can make the difference between complete recovery and lingering pain and disability which can last years after the accident.
Chiropractic care has become the leading form of health care for work-related injuries involving the muscular/skeletal system. Workers' compensation studies show that patients with these types of work-related injuries return to work faster and at a more reasonable cost using chiropractic treatment versus general medical care.
Sports injuries happen at all ages. Too often children try to hide an injury so that they won’t miss out on an activity. Through palpation, our chiropractors can locate the problems even if no symptoms are expressed. We also combine the care with therapy and rehabilitation, when necessary. Sports-related injuries usually respond well to chiropractic's drug-free type of treatment.
Once the spine has improved, it is important to Stabilize it. Stretching and Exercises are an important component to strengthening the spine and body structure so that the improvements may be maintained for a long time. We instruct the proper exercises for each condition. During the healing process, occasionally it is necessary to use back support/belts, cervical pillows and/or ice pack to aid your body to swiftly return to your healthy self. For your convenience, several products are available to purchase right at our office. In addition to doing exercises, sometimes it is necessary to take natural vitamins and supplements to replenish the body so that it can regain it's more youthful self and promote a stronger and healthier body. For your convenience, several products are available to purchase right at our office. Receiving chiropractic care is one thing, but being able to understand is another. At our center all of the doctors speak fluent French. Also our staff and Dr. Jacqueline Valcourt speak Spanish. For the convenience of our many visitors and locals who are more comfortable speaking in French or Spanish, go to our French or Spanish pages.Nous Parlons Français Hablamos Español